Sunday, October 02, 2005

The Skeleton Key

I spent a lovely week of sun and snorkelling on Crete, and came home Friday afternoon. More on that later. Friday night I saw a movie that I would like to recommend, "The Skeleton Key".



Without telling you too much, this is the story in short: The movie takes place in New Orleans. Kate Hudson plays a nurse who gets tired of her old job. She moves in with a couple to assist the husband who has had a stroke, gets a skeleton key that opens every door in the house (almost) and it doesn't take long before she begins to suspect something fishy is going on..

I really enjoyed the movie, it's not too scary really but a bit creepy at times. It is beautifully filmed with a yellowish tone to it (think "O Brother, Where art Thou?") and the soundtrack really adds to the spooky feeling, being a little cosy at the same time.

My boyfriend will sure be sad to see that "If I Can Dream", by the one and only Elvis Presley, is not included in the soundtrack, even though it is played in the movie...

No comments: